Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ivan Calderon Vows To Get Revenge on Giovani Segura

By Jhonny Gonzalez

Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon (34-1, 6KOs) has vowed to get revenge on his Mexican rival, Giovani Segura (26-1, 22KOs), when the two boxers meet in a rematch on April 2 in Mexico. Last August Segura traveled to Puerto Rico and knocked out Calderon in eight rounds to unify the WBO/WBA junior flyweight titles. This time Calderon will face Segura before a hostile Mexican crowd. The former champion is confident he can turn things around in the rematch.

"This time the preparation is very different and I am more motivated. When I do go to the gym, I go there with a smile, because I have to train the mindset that I have the opportunity to get revenge for that defeat," Calderon told Carlos Gonzalez.

No comments:

Post a Comment